Friday, July 10, 2009

Downtime Apologies

Hey Everyone, SinlessLinks here with a quick apology...


Bad News:
Last night I attempted to make some improvements to our Searching system, but failed to test one particular feature before uploading the changes to the website. Unfortunately, the one particular feature I forgot to test had two misplaced parenthesis that caused the server to crash (literally... it was all because of two parenthesis... like these two). I immediately saw the problem and started working to fix my mistake. However, due to one problem after another, we were unable to get the server restarted until about 20 minutes ago.


In short, we had technical problems, and it was all my fault. I'm deeply sorry for the downtime, and I promise you now that it won't happen again anytime in the foreseeable future. I've learned my lesson and will triple check everything before I make any changes.


GOOD NEWS:

The search feature has been improved! Remember how it used to bold like half the page for no apparent reason? I fixed that! And now if you want to find a particular user's profile... say AlexisRod's... you can search for it in the search box and it'll show up! Check out the following link for an example:
http://www.sinlesslinks.com/search/alexisrod


So again, I'm very very sorry for the problems, and we fixed it as fast as possible. We didn't lose anything, and are better prepared for next time our server crashes (hopefully never again...).


Rest assured, no one is out to get us, I just make mistakes every once in a while ;-).



~SinlessLinks

No comments: