Monday, September 22, 2008

One Time Financial Need

Hey Guys,

As you know, a couple days ago we asked for donations so we could get the site on a dedicated server. Since then I've updated you guys that I'd submitted the order for the server.

This morning I was happy to hear that the server should be set up by the end of business hours on Tuesday. The bad news is that we need a bit more financial help.

The company we're renting the server from runs all billing periods from the 1st of the month through the end of that month. So we "prepaid" for an entire month, which will start on October 1st. Because we're getting the server 9 days before the month is over though, we have a pro-rated fee we have to pay for these couple days in September. This is a legit request on their part, and while unexpected, it's not unreasonable.

So we have a need for $17.92 to pay for this month's hosting costs. Because paypal takes out a little bit from every donation we recieve, we need roughly $19 in donations to cover this cost. I would pay it myself, or chip in, but I just checked my bank account, and let's suffice to say I can't at the moment. If this changes in the next couple days, I'll definitely do my part.

I would request that if you already donated to help pay for the server, that you not feel any obligation to help pay for this surprise cost. We do need help however, so if you want to help out, now is definitely the time.

If you do wish to donate, you can do so by clicking here:





And just to reassure you guys I'm not swindling you, here's a copy of part of the email I recieved letting me know of the charge:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear customer,

We just added a one time fee to your invoice for 10-2008:

Serverhosting GAF002 23-9-2008 to 1-10-2008                                                                       : EUR 11,96

This one time fee needs to be paid before the next month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

~SinlessLinks

No comments: