Friday, September 19, 2008

Thankyou!! And more downtime...

Hey Everyone!

Wanted to thank everyone that donated money to help us get a dedicated server. I am immensely grateful!

Now I want to quickly mention that yes, we are again (at this particular moment) experiencing downtime. I've talked to the support guys, and it is exactly as I described before: another website on our server is causing the problem. This means that as soon as we're on a dedicated server the problem will vanish forever. As for when the website will be back up, whether it's down for everyone or just some people, etc. I don't know. We can only hope for the best.

I imagine some of you (especially those that donated) are thinking:
       "What the heck? They just asked for money to solve the problem, and it's not solved!?!"

Well please understand that while we now have the resources we need, it does take time to make the move to a dedicated server. I have to wait until during business hours of the country that the hosting company is in. That's going to be a little while. Then after making contact with them, I'll actually have to place the order and send the payment. That'll happen quick, but then we have to wait for them to process the order and set up the server. That will hopefully happen within 24 hours, but if they're not open on weekends, none of this process will get started until Monday. And even once they've processed the order and we're hooked up with our dedicated server, we still have to set it all up, which is a time consuming process that we won't be rushing. It's important that we make sure the server is very secure, and that the site is going to run well. Once we have the site set up, then we have to change the DNS servers, which can take 24-48 hours.

So while I'm going to work as fast as I can, there's a good chance we won't actually be up and running on the dedicated server until Wednesday or Thursday of next week (almost 7 days from now). This is why I wanted to get the money now, so that we can get the whole process started.

We'll keep you guys updated! And in the meantime, happy downloading!

Thanks again guys!

~SinlessLinks

No comments: